Prepare you for entry-level employment in early childhood programs. Study child development as you get hands-on experience working with preschoolers in the on-site preschool learning lab.
- Practical experience in the on-site Learning Laboratory Preschool.
- Internship experience in child care centers, primary schools, including working with the child with special needs
- Study of infants, toddlers, preschoolers, school age children and children with special needs.
- Study of areas of development: intellectual, physical, social, emotional and creative.
- Planning and guiding age appropriate activities including: literacy language arts, music, circle time, art, food experiences and games
- Child Nutrition
- Observation Techniques
- Theories of Child Development
- Employability Skills
- Health & Safety
- Guidance & Behavior Techniques
NYS childcare regulations require that students participating in the Early Childhood II internship program will be required to provide a completed medical clearance and immunization form, including Mantoux test, by their health provider.
Students must successfully meet the academic and attendance criteria for a two-year Wilson Tech Certificate of Completion, be High School diploma eligible, and pass the following national certification exam: National Occupational Competency Testing Exam (NOCTI) – Early Childhood Education and Care Exam.
Jill Seddio, Instructor