Get the answers to all your questions about taking an adult education class that Western Suffolk BOCES offers at the four campuses of Wilson Tech!
Western Suffolk BOCES provides career training and literacy programs to help adults meet their career goals by developing skills essential for gainful employment, job advancement and new career opportunities.
Financial aid and monthly payment plans are available to those who qualify for the full-time programs listed below. For more information about financial aid, call (631) 261-3600 x214. For more information about payments, payment plans or private loans call (631) 261-3600 x275. Or, visit our Financial Help page.
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Medical Assisting
- Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technology
Upon the completion of a course, you may request an “Employee Tuition Reimbursement Letter” from Western Suffolk BOCES. The letter will be mailed directly to your employer. To request a letter, please complete the following form and press the submit button. Allow 2 to 3 weeks to receive the letter.
Certificates of Completion for adult education courses will be issued upon successful course completion. The minimum eligibility standards for a certificate are as follows:
(a) absences of no more than 20% of instructional time.
(b) recommendation by the instructor that you have successfully completed all course requirements and met course objectives with an average grade of 80% or above.
(c) some programs, including all full-time programs, have course-specific attendance and grading requirements.
All students will be provided a student copy of their transcript upon completion at no cost. To request a duplicate copy of certificates and/or transcripts, complete and return our form with the required fee. Click here for the form.
Veterans may qualify for free training in an adult education program. Contact your local Veterans’ representative or call (631) 667-6000 x157 to speak with our veterans’ advisor.
Many of our programs are appropriate for adults with special needs. Please contact the Career Center at (631) 667-6000 ext. 152 with specific questions. Call prior to your first day of class so that our staff can make an effort to assist you with any necessary arrangements. All our facilities are wheelchair accessible.
1. Although we make every effort to ensure that all our courses are offered as advertised, it may become necessary to make changes to our program. If we cancel a course, all your fees are totally refunded.
2. If you cannot attend a class that has been rescheduled to a time or place other than advertised, you are entitled to a full refund.
3. If you withdraw from a class before the first scheduled class meeting, a full tuition refund, less a withdrawal fee of $25, will be made after the withdrawal* is requested in writing.
4. If you withdraw after the first scheduled class meeting but before the second class meeting, one-half of the tuition, less a withdrawal fee of $25, will be refunded after withdrawal* is requested in writing. NOTE: No refunds for any dance class after the first class begins.
5. All extra costs, such as books or equipment that were not included in tuition price, are not subject to refund.
6. We are unable to provide refunds for requests received after the second scheduled class meeting. Waivers may be granted only under extenuating circumstances which must be detailed in writing within five days of your last day of attendance. If a waiver is granted, it must be used within one calendar year. Decisions to grant waivers are the prerogative of the BOCES administrator whose decision is final.
7. Any overpayment accepted will be totally refunded.
8. There is a $25 fee for ALL returned checks.
9. Payments made with a credit card will receive refund credit on their credit card, however, any refund made after 120 days will be issued by BOCES check regardless of how tuition was paid.
NOTE: Every effort is made to provide you a timely refund. Processing of refunds may take 45 days after your first scheduled day of class. Our programs are supported entirely by student tuition. No discounts can be provided.
* The date of withdrawal is the date/time your request is received at BOCES.
Refund Policy for full-time programs can be found in the individual program handbooks.