Physical Therapy Aides assist physical therapists and physical therapy assistants to set up and maintain treatment areas, organize equipment and assist patients to prepare for treatment in recovering from injuries and improving mobility.
- History of Physical Therapy
- Body Mechanics
- Set up and maintain treatment area
- Workplace Safety
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Communication Skills
- Assisting with Ambulation and Gait Training
- Range of Motion
- Transferring and Transporting of Patients
- Infection Control
- Law and Ethics
- Customer Service
- Common physical disorders and treatment
- Therapy treatments and exercise
- Mobility training
- Physical Agents and Modalities
- Vital Signs
- Growth & Development
Helpful Preparatory Courses
2. Draw string pants
3. White rubber soled leather shoes or sneakers
5. White crew neck tee shirt
6. Name tag
*Check with teacher for scrubs/uniform specifications and supplies.
Students must successfully meet the academic and attendance criteria for a two-year Wilson Tech Certificate of Completion, be High School diploma eligible, and pass the following national certification exam: NOCTI – Health Assisting.
About the instructor
Megan Pettit has a master’s degree in physical therapy from Arcadia University (PA). She is a licensed physical therapist who has worked for more than 14 years in the clinical setting as a staff and supervising therapist. She has experience treating patients with neurological, musculoskeletal and orthopedic conditions, including the pediatric population.