Servicing small engines from boats to motorcycles is a satisfying occupation. A qualified Marine Technician knows about servicing boat engines and managing marinas. Small engine repair will also be incorporated into the program. Great skills to have for many fields.
- Boat Yard Skills
- Transport and Handling
- Fuel Ignition and Drive Systems
- Inboard Technology
- Outboard Technology
- Marine Engine and Service Fundamentals
- Outboard and Inboard Engines
- Safety and Navigation
- Fiberglass Boat Repair
- Boat Trailer Service
- Electric and Auxiliary Systems
- Servicing, Rebuilding, and Maintenance of Small Engines
- Landscape Equipment Maintenance
2. Hard-soled, safety work shoes
3. Safety glasses or goggles will be supplied for use in class
Students must successfully meet the academic and attendance criteria for a two-year Wilson Tech Certificate of Completion, be High School diploma eligible, and pass the following national certification exam: National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) – Small Engine Technology Exam.
About the instructor
Mark Bischoff is active in many aspects of the marine industry on Long Island and holds membership in the NY Marine Trades Association. He is certified in Outdoor Power Equipment Technology.